Copy of Little River

Little River Light

The first lighthouse at Little River was built in 1847. It was a stone tower attached to a granite keeper’s house. In 1876 the stone tower was torn down and replaced with a cast iron tower (brick lined), which still stands today. At one time, the lighthouse was painted red, with a black lantern. Today the lighthouse is painted white with a forest green lantern.

The old granite keeper’s house was demolished in 1888 and replaced by a two-story wooden Victorian-style dwelling that still stands today. In 1881 the old boathouse was demolished and replaced with the present day boathouse.

 Click here to learn more.